Essential Policies And Practices
The Program for Infant Toddler Care (PITC) describes 6 Essential Policies that need to be in place for high-quality infant and toddler education. They are:
- Primary Care
- Small Groups
- Continuity of Care
- Individualization of Care
- Cultural Continuity
- Inclusion of Children with Special Needs
Research these policies to gain a better understanding of what they are. Use online search options to learn about the 6 Essential Policies. Once you have a clear understanding of these, summarize the 6 Essential Policies and answer the 4 questions in relation to each practice based on your research and personal experience. You will need to answer the following for each of the 6 Essential Policies.
- How does the policy benefit to the child?
- How does the policy benefit to the family?
- How does the policy benefit to the teacher?
- What are the challenges for implementation for the policy?
Your assignment should include at least 1 page per policy that summarizes the policy and answer the four questions. Please submit your paper as a one document and not as 6 separate Word documents. Please provide details to support your insights and opinions. Use an APA formatted title and reference pages as well as in text citation where appropriate.