Raw Materials Assessment
As explained in the reading “Start the Marketing Yourself Process by Assessing Your Raw Materials,” a thorough assessment of your personal raw materials will be necessary for you to begin the marketing yourself process.
For this assignment, you will need to conduct an evaluation of your own personal raw materials with respect to the following six categories (each of which was explained in the assigned reading and videos):
- Strengths (or what you’re already good at)
- Potential Strengths (or what you think you could possibly be good at with
- Faults or Bad Habits
- Interests, Desires, Passions (or what motivates you)
- Your “Personality”
- Core Values (or what’s important to you)
Use this links for each
http://www.wikihow.com/Identify – Your – Strengths – and – Weaknesses
http://www.viacharacter.org/www/The – Survey
After conducting your self-assessment, write up your results using the following guide:
1. Cover Page
Name, Panther ID, Major, Minor, Certificate(s), Assignment Title
Discuss the purpose for your raw materials self-assessment.
3. Raw Materials
For each of the six categories, please explain the following:
- How did you conduct your self-assessment for that particular raw materials category? Use at least one online assessment for the Strengths category and at least one online assessment for the Personality category. You may use other online assessments for other categories if you wish. For all categories, you should seek the feedback of your family, friends, co-workers, supervisors, and/or employees, etc. in order to gain knowledge from a different perspective. Explain why you used the various assessments and/or sources that you used.
- What are your resulting findings? In other words, what are your strengths? …your potential strengths? …your faults or bad habits? Etc. Be sure to describe each trait or aspect (just listing a few adjectives is not “A” or “B” work). Be specific and detailed in describing your findings.
c. What insights about yourself did you learn from the self-assessment for each raw materials category? What was expected and what was unexpected? Why? How did you feel about the insights of the other people you consulted? Are you coming across as having different raw materials than you think you possess? Are you portraying your raw materials as you desire? Also, what do you think about any discrepancies between the feedback that you received from other people and from the online tools?
You should have at least one paragraph for each of these three parts above (a-c) for each one of the six categories.
4. Summary & Synthesis
(a) Provide an overall summary of your raw materials and then
(b) (this is very important) synthesize the results for all the categories.
Consider the balance between the positives and the negatives. Consider how certain traits or attributes might complement or might compete with others. Consider whether certain traits (either initially seen as positive or negative) might coincide with or perhaps might conflict with your discovery of your core values. Speculate on how the synergies or lack of synergies between raw materials categories might help and/or hurt your abilities to develop your personal/professional brand and market yourself. This synthesis and summary section is a critical element in tying all of your assessment work together, and will help you drive your “marketing yourself” plans as you move forward. Be sure to put significant effort into this section.
Submit as a PDF file upload. Document should use Times New Roman 12-point font, be single-spaced (with spacing between sections and/or paragraphs as desired), use appropriate headings and subheadings for each section and page numbering. Length of assignment usually ranges between 8-14 pages.
Assignments should be completed and submitted before due date/times. Late penalty is 10% deduction per day (or partial day) late. No plagiarism, copying or cheating. TurnItIn may be used to check assignment originality. Refer to the rubric before submitting the assignment.