- Identify a specific theory of cognitive or moral development, and in 2–3 sentences summarize the major assumptions.
- Analyze the extent to which the theory is consistent with a social perspective by providing three specific examples in the theory’s assumptions. You might want to consider some of the following questions to critically evaluate the theory. (Note: You do not need to address every question below in your post. Rather, use these questions to inform the examples you provide.)
- How did the socio-historical context influence the development of the theory?
- Are there constructs that reflect a deficit approach?
- To what extent do the constructs promote growth and change?
- Are there assumptions that end up blaming the victim?
- Are there assumptions that pathologize certain groups individuals, families, or communities?
- To what extent does the theory promote self-determination and autonomy of individuals, families, and communities?
- To what extent does the theory foster a collaborative working relationship with individuals, families, and communities?
- Using one of the required media, explain how the faculty person applies theory in the research discussed.
All the information and papers on spssexperts.com website are published in good faith and for research and reference purposes only. We do not allow submitting these papers as it is for academic credit.
For any questions, feedback, or comments, we have an ethical customer support team that is always waiting in line for your inquiries.